Terms and Conditions
• I (“Participant”) hereby certify that:
- I have provided accurate information in this application. I authorize University of Petroleum & Energy Studies-CCE (“UPES”) to verify my credentials. I understand that any misrepresentation or omission of facts in my application may justify denial or cancellation of admission from applied program.
- I have read and understood the admission procedure & eligibility criteria of the applied program and agree to abide by those.
- I understand that mere filling up the Application form does not confirm the admission to the course. The admission process is complete only after compliance of all the requirements and verification of certificates.
- I understand that admissions will be purely on the basis of merit and candidates are strongly advised against canvassing and/or extraneous pressure on the selection process. If any candidate is found guilty in above activities, then his/her candidature is liable for immediate disqualification.
- I further understand that UPES reserves the right to cancel any advertised course due to insufficient admissions, enrolments or for any other reason beyond its control. In such an eventuality, full fee paid to UPES shall be refunded.
- I understand that UPES reserves the right to make changes in curricula, degree requirements, course offerings and all academic regulations at any time without assigning any reason or prior notice. The said change may apply not only to prospective participants but also to those who already are enrolled in UPES.
• Accuracy of Account Information
In consideration of your use of Company Products, you (“Participant”) agree to
- a. provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by Company's registration form (such information being "Your Data"),
- b. maintain and promptly update your data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete; and
- c. comply with these terms.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, incomplete or misleading, or if we believe that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current incomplete or misleading, then we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse or restrict any and all current or future use of the Company Products, without any liability to you
• In case of admission being confirmed to the Participant, below terms and conditions shall be applicable,
- the duties and responsibilities of UPES shall automatically terminate on the expiry of the course period save and except for the rights under clause (b) below. However, the Participant at any time during the period of course may make an application in writing to UPES for an earlier termination of his/her admission. The decision of UPES in this regard shall be acceptable to the Participant and fees paid to UPES shall not be refundable.
- All intellectual properties arising out of the work done during training of the Participant will be a property of UPES solely. Such property right shall continue even after termination of admission or completion of the course.
- Any claim from the Participant in connection with the training or otherwise shall be subject to a maximum liability cap of the fees paid by the Participant for the training programme/course.
- UPES reserves the right to refuse certification/degree/diploma at the end of the course, if the Participant does not have adequate attendance / and or does not submit the requisite Projects and / or does not clear the examinations at regular intervals or due to non-payment of complete fees.
- UPES reserves the right to rusticate a Participant from attending the course in case of gross misbehavior including but not limited to theft / vandalism / plagiarism, etc. by the Participant.
• Electronic Notices.
By using the Company Products or communicating with UPES, the participant agrees that UPES may communicate with the participant electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to Participant’s use of the Company Products. If UPES learns of a security system's breach, UPES may attempt to notify the participant electronically by posting a notice on the Site or sending an email to the Participant. The Participant agrees to receive communication from UPES via mail, electronic mail, telephone, mobile and text messaging (i.e. SMS), instant messaging and any other form of communication that may arise in the future and that their entry into the DND list does not apply to UPES.
• The Participant hereby covenants with UPES as follows:
- that he / she will attend the course sincerely at the stipulated timings during the day / week / month office regularly;
- that he / she will maintain discipline and will carry out all the instructions of the teaching faculty/ trainer and Academic Director of UPES;
- that he / she will learn conscientiously and diligently and endeavour to qualify himself / herself in his / her chosen course on or before the expiry of the period of the course.
• Revision of the terms and conditions
UPES reserves the right to revise these Terms in its sole discretion at any time and without prior notice to the Participant other than by posting the revised Terms on the Site. Any revisions to the Terms are effective upon posting. The Terms will be identified as of the most recent date of revision. The Participant should visit this page regularly to ensure his/her continued acceptance of these Terms. The Participant’s continued use of UPES Products after any revision to these Terms constitutes his/her binding acceptance of the revised Terms. Notwithstanding the preceding sentences of this section, no revisions to these Terms will apply to any dispute between the Participant and the Company that arose prior to the date of such revision.
• Fee Refund Policy
- If Participant withdraws one month before the program commencement – 100% refund.
- Once the batch commences no fees shall be refunded.
- For all online payments, it is important for the Participants to note the transaction number for future reference.
- For all offline payments like (NEFT, IMPS, Bank Deposit etc) it is important for candidates to send the details on Helpdesk.
• Registration and Identity Protection
To use certain Company Products, you (“Partcipant”) will need to register and obtain an account, username and password. When you register, the information you provide to us during the registration process will help us in offering content, customer service, and network management. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account, username, and password (collectively, the "Account") and for all activities and liabilities associated with or occurring under your Account. You must notify us:
(a) immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account and any other breach of security, and
(b) ensure that you exit from your Account at the end of each Course. We cannot and will not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the foregoing requirements or as a result of use of your Account, either with or without your knowledge, prior to your notifying us of unauthorized access to your Account. However, you agree that you will be liable for any losses incurred by us or another party due to any use of your Account, excluding only uses following your notification to us of unauthorized access to your Account. You may not transfer your Account to any other person and you may not use anyone else's Account at any time. In cases where you have authorized or registered another individual, including a minor, to use your Account, you are fully responsible for
(ii) controlling the User's access to and use of the Services; and
current or future use of the Company Products, without any liability to you.
• User and Submitted Content
Any materials, information, communications or ideas that you upload, communicate or otherwise transmit or post to us on or through Company Products (the "Submitted Content") will be treated as non-confidential and subject to the license below, and may be reproduced, distributed, publicly performed, publicly distributed, communicated to the public, and otherwise used and exploited by us for any purpose related to the delivery, marketing, promoting, demonstrating or operating the Company Products, including, but not limited to, for quality control, redistribution or display to Users, and professional development. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you accept that we can use your Submitted Content and other publicly available details to market and promote our products and services on any platform.
• Personal Identifiable Information
a. We do respect your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. However, it is consciously understood by you (“Participant”) and you acknowledge that your personal information, which you have shared can be further shared with authorised third parties for the purpose of marketing and promoting, and, therefore, UPES and/or UPES’s authorised third parties may contact you for the promotion and assistance with the admission process with any if I so choose to apply.
b. UPES may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of services requested by you;
(b) verifying your identity;
(c) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(d) managing your relationship with us;
(e) processing payment or credit transactions;
(f) sending your marketing information about services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions and other promotions;
(g) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
(h) any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
(i) transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in India or not, for the aforementioned purposes; and
(j) any other incidental purposes related to or in connection with the above.
• Other Prohibited Uses
In using the Company Products, you further agree not to:
- Upload or otherwise transmit to or through the Services any information or content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, including by incorporating any such material in Submitted Content;
- Upload or otherwise transmit to or through the Services any unlawful, harmful, harassing, defamatory, threatening, vulgar, sexually explicit, hateful or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, any material that can cause harm or delay to the Company Products or computers of any kind.
- Undertake, cause, permit or authorize the modification, creation of derivative works, translation, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling or hacking of any aspect of the Company Products or any part thereof, or attempt to do any of the foregoing, except and solely to the extent permitted by these Terms, the authorized features of the Company Products, or by law, or otherwise attempt to use or access any portion of the Services other than as intended by Company;
- Gain unauthorized access to the Services, to other Users' accounts, names or personally identifiable information, or to other computers or websites connected or linked to the Services; •Reproduce, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, communicate to the public, sell, trade, resell or exploit any portion of the Company Products, use of the Company Products, access to the Company Products or content obtained through the Company Products, for any purpose other than expressly permitted by these Terms, including, by way of example and not limitation, by doing or engaging in any of the following without Company's express written consent:
- copying, caching or reformatting any Submitted Content for commercial purposes in any manner whatsoever, whether by copying to physical or electronic media for purposes of buffering delivery or converting transmissions from the Company Products to alternative delivery formats; •altering, defacing, mutilating or otherwise bypassing any approved software through which the Company Products are made available; and
- Post, transmit or otherwise make available any virus, worm, spyware or any other computer code, file or program that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software or telecommunications equipment, or any other aspect of the Company Products or communications equipment and computers connected to the Company Products;
- Remove, disable, damage, circumvent or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Company Products, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any part of the Company Products or any content accessible on or through Company Products, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Company Products or any content accessible on or through Company Products;
- Use any scraper, spider, robot or other automated means of any kind to access the Company Products, except and solely to the extent permitted by these Terms and the features of the Company Products, deep-link to any feature or content on the Site, bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site or Services;
- Use any tools, hacking methods or other means to download material, videos, audio or any copyrightable material which is not offered for download
- Interfere with or disrupt the Company Products, networks or servers connected to the Company Products or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks or servers.
We are always at your service through the or chat.